tisdag 21 april 2009

Praise the TV

TV must be the best and the worst invention ever. It's the best because you can kill a boring moment like I have done today being home and ill. TV has allowed me to lie all cuddled up in the sofa watching whatever's on it.... Days of our lives.... Extreme make over- home edition..... sitcoms... you name it... TV's got it.

Also, TV is the worst invention ever because it makes us do bad priorities in life. Instead of socializing with each other as friends or family, we tend to wind up staring at the moving pictures on the screen. Why not play a game instead? Or read a story? Or just talk, ask each other how our day was?

I love TV. Especially since I got kids. When they're finally asleep I'm so tired TV is all I want. B.c (as in Before Children) I used to watch programs that mattered. Political documentaries, David Attenboroughs nature films, Historical programs about ancient civilizations, I ate it all. But now my standards have decreased a lot. With a brain full of English grammar and of shouting, arguing kid's voices I'm happy as long as there's SOMETHING on TV.

Therefor, my favourite programs are light TV such as "Dr. House", "Scrubs", "Lie to me", "Lost", "Let's Dance" and other similar shows.

First, I love "Dr. House" because of his evil tounge. second, I love Hugh Laurie as an actor. I've had a crush on him ever since he did "Jeeves and Wooster" back in the 80's. There's something about his kissable lips. Last, my love for this show have increased a lot during this second season when "Dr. House" has to pick out new staff and has made it a sort of Docu-soap-competition-thing where everybody tries to sneak, lie and play dirty.

"Scrubs". Has there ever been a sicker sitcom? It has it all but mostly it has Dr. Cox. He can really make my day. My absolute favourite episode must be the one where they're in a musical. One can wonder what kind of drugs the script writers used to come up with an idea like that.

Wednesday nights at 9 p.m. you don't have to bother calling me. I won't answer the phone. That's when "Lie to me" is aired. I'm so fascinated by body language and mimic and what they reveal so this is definetely a program for me.

Unfortunately, many people have given up "Lost". I guess it created too many questions without giving any answers so people got tired of waiting and of keeping track on everything happening in every episode. If you miss one episode you have trouble getting back in. I refuse to give up. i just have to know how it ends.

Last but not least, I have to mention a few British shows I like. Unfortunately, they are not aired right now but I always have them on You Tube. These shows are "Couplings" - a London set "Friends" sit com but without all the cencur that American "Friends" has. Then I love "Little Britain" - very sick humour just my definition of a good laugh. The old " Young ones" is also a favourite and off course "Monty Python Flying Circus" and and and and... I could go on forever but I will spare you the pain.

Though I've already said last but not least I still have to mention the next best (and worst) invention ever, namely : The Recordable Digital Box. Gee, has it saved me a lot of worries or what? No more agony due to clashing programs. Halleluja!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Dear Lotta!

    I am always eager to read your text since you seem too have no problem finding topics or words to describe the topics you've chosen.

    One other thing is that you always invites your reader with interesting thoughts and ideas and are not afraid to make your voice heard regardless of the chosen topic. I applaud you for that.

    I can see that you have used the list of linking devices well, don't have anything to complain about there. keep up the good work.

    Love///Erica

    SvaraRadera
  2. I really enjoyed reading your text.:) You have a very funny language which makes it interesting to read.

    In your second paragraph you have many important questions to think about. For example: when you wrote that we should talk to each other more instead of watching TV, I strongly believe that is what commercial breaks are for, don’t you? I also find you comment on English grammar funny, sometimes you have to lay in front of the TV and do something that don’t require any brain activity what so ever.

    Over all I think this is a great text, I enjoyed reading every word of it. Even in the final paragraph you have your humour. And all the linking words make the text easy to follow.

    What can I say more than great work! Let the words flow and I will continue to read them.

    //Love Frida

    SvaraRadera